Aaaaaahhhhhhh Nature! Just the thought of it makes me breathe easier, calms and relaxes my body. I have been craving Nature more and more for well over a year now. I get out there – walking, sitting, even just standing there looking up at a tree or the sky. Breathing in fresh air, hearing the sounds all around me – birds, leaves rustling from squirrels or chipmunks, water flowing down a creak – can you picture it? How does it make you feel?
Our lives are so “busy” though – many of us do not get out in Nature as much as we would like or as much as our soul and body are yearning for. How can you fit more time in Nature into your daily life?! Here are some simple suggestions:
- When you are driving in your car – open the windows.
- Go outside and simply walk around your yard – take notice of the sights, sounds and noises around you.
- Simply stand outside – and look up – take long deep breaths in
- Go for a walk in the morning or evening
- On a day off – go explore a trail or park
- Walk barefoot around your yard and outside as much as you can SO grounding and will seriously make you feel better!
- Bring Nature into your house/office – fresh picked flowers, arrange sticks either in a jar or in a structure (wood is so grounding), gather seashells and rocks from the beach and make a display or put them in a jar, gather rocks from a trail and paint them or write an inspirational word on them, use a rock as a paper or napkin holder, the list goes on.
Nature is calling you………..how will you answer?!